- E&B Successfully Defends Lower Court Victories in Texas Supreme Court
- William J. Eggleston Named Texas Super Lawyer for 2014
- William J. Eggleston, Raymond L. Gregory II, and Erin Eggleston Salisbury named as Houston’s Top Lawyers by H Texas Magazine, 2014.
- E&B Successfully Defends Trial-level Motion for Summary Judgment Victory on Appeal
- E&B Obtains Dismissal of a Health Care Liability Claim Asserted Against a Workers’ Compensation Non-Subscriber in Arbitration
- E&B Obtains Summary Judgment on Behalf of Workers’ Compensation Non-Subscriber
- William J. Eggleston, Partner
- W. Montgomery Briscoe, Partner
- Raymond L. Gregory II, Partner
- David W. Smith, Partner
- John Michael Raborn, Associate
- Erin Eggleston Salisbury, Associate
- Luke D. Fraser, Associate
- David K. Loveless, Associate
- Ronald L. Hornback, Associate
- William J. Eggleston IV, Associate
- Sean E. Matula, Associate
- Tracy Jackson Cowart, Of Counsel
- F. Maxwell Evans, Of Counsel
- Bruce Wallace, Of Counsel
Monty began developing his courtroom skills at the side of his father, former Harris County District Attorney, Frank Briscoe, and as a champion advocate in South Texas College of Law’s prestigious moot court program. He has achieved an outstanding record in trial, in appellate matters and in pre-trial and pre-suit dispute resolution. In addition to representation of individuals and public and private companies, such as builders and business owners, for almost 30 years Monty’s practice has been significantly devoted to representation of insurance carriers and their policyholders, handling first-party and third-party claims, subrogation matters, wrongful death and serious injury, liquor liability and “dram shop” claims and construction litigation. Throughout his career, Monty has represented insurance clients in multi-million dollar “bad faith” lawsuits arising from hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, hail storms, and fires.
Monty is a native and life-long resident of Houston and a sixth generation Texan with deep family roots. He and his wife, Marla, also a lawyer, have two children, and are members of St. Luke’s United Methodist Church.
Monty received his Bachelor of Arts Degree from Washington & Lee University where he was very active in student government and oversight of W&L’s renowned Honor Code as a member of the University Council, the Student Affairs Committee and President of the Inter-Fraternity Council.
For his law degree, Monty attended South Texas College of Law. Being in downtown Houston, Monty gained early valuable experience working at the District Clerk’s office, in private practice and at the District Attorney’s office where he received his first courtroom experience. At South Texas, highly regarded for its moot court and advocacy programs, Monty took first place in the Spurgeon Bell Moot Court Competition in Appellate Advocacy. While in law school, Monty also participated in the University of Richmond Law Conference at Cambridge University in England, and he was later elected to Who’s Who Among Students in American Colleges and Universities.
After graduating from law school, Monty joined the litigation firm of Taylor & Eggleston, and soon thereafter became partner in that firm before establishing Eggleston & Briscoe in 1999, with his long-time friend and trial partner, Bill Eggleston.
Monty is licensed to practice law in Texas trial and appellate courts as well as before the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas. He is a member of the State Bar of Texas, Houston Bar Association and Texas Association of Defense Counsel.
Martindale-Hubbell has designated Monty as ‘AV’ Preeminent for the years 2012-2013, and named him a Texas Top-Rated Lawyer in 2012.
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- National Association of Subrogation Professionals
- Insurance coverage and defense
- Complex business litigation
- Construction litigation
- Liquor liability/dram shop litigation
- Arbitration and ADR
- Eggleston & Briscoe, LLP (1999-present)
- Taylor & Eggleston (1984-1999)
Education (with accolades)
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, South Texas College of Law (1984)
- First place, Spurgeon Bell Moot Court Competition in Appellate Advocacy
- Elected to Who’s Who Among Students in American Colleges and Universities
- Richmond University Law Conference at Cambridge University, England
- Bachelor of Arts, Washington & Lee University (1981)
- Elected Inter-Fraternity Council President, Student Affairs Committee, University Council
- Texas (trial and appellate courts)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas